Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 6: Disney Style!

I know I have been absent for a bit, but the world has taken a crazy turn and I have been a long for the ride.  Back to the fun (and boy am I missing it right now), yesterday we made our goodbyes to Aunt Cassi, Uncle Travis and Eli so now we are completely on our own.  The morning of Day 6 was an easy morning.  We knew we were going to Hollywood Studios, but since we were there the day before, we managed a nice leisurely morning.  Amp, pop tart and juice in hand we made our way to the front of the resort and boarded a bus to Hollywood Studios.
Ali-B posing!
We have four things on our plate: Aerosmith’s Rockin’ Roller Coaster, Twilight Zone’s Towerof Terror , Star Tours in 3D and MuppetVision 3D.  Making our way in, we grab a fast pass for Rockin’ Roller Coaster and head to the line for Tower of Terror.
Tower of Terror BABY!
Okay now is when I admit I am sorta terrified.  I have not been on this ride in 12 years and although I know what to expect in a way, it’s not making things better.  Ali however, is just plain scared.  She has never been on this ride and I have bribed- promised her a t-shirt when she gets off.  The theming is great and I forgot how cool the cool the hotel is.  Ali suggested they dust!  She got a little nervous as they brought us in.  As they strapped us in and moved the car, she decided she wanted off.  I told her to hold my hand and she would be fine.  In the end, it scared the spit out of both of us and when Kevin suggested riding it again, we both agreed to WAIT!  It was fun, but once a trip is enough for us.  And, Ali laughed and said once every 12 years suits her!  She ended up with a really cute t-shirt with the Tower of Terror and Mickey, Donald and Goofy on it.

It was time for our fast passes and it was 0-60mph holding on for dear life with Steven Tyler screaming in my ear!  It was great!!  We love that ride.  From there we made our way to Star Tours 3D.  We have not been on this ride since the refurb and we we are really excited! 
IN 3-D
 Muppet Vision was next and Ali thought it was fun as always.  I just love Kermit the Frog, so I was happy about that.  We played some more in the Streets of America and then we mad our way back to Animal Kingdom. 
Property of Miss Piggy: Moi Stuff Hands off Vermin Breathe!
At Animal Kingdom we had one plan Festival of The Lion King.  If you have not had an opportunity to see this show.  You are totally missing out.  It is the best show in all of Walt Disney World, hands down.  We see it every single time we are there and we love it even more.  We did Dinosaur again.  Then we made our way to the Primeval Whirl, it did not have a line so after 3 times I refused to go back in time again. 

The day was getting later and we were a little tired and had every intention of going to the Magic Kingdom, but in the end we decided to hang out at the Resort.  The were playing Enchanted and Ali and I love that movie, so we took a blanket and sat on the lawn and enjoyed a peaceful night full of popcorn, ice cream and Disney. 
  
On the lawn at Pop Century!



No comments:

Post a Comment