Friday, February 3, 2012

Day or 2 late...


Life has been a roller coaster ride of yummy goodness since Christmas.  Family, fun, work and so much more have occupied our every waking moment at the Castle.  And you know I like to do everything in grand Princess Style.

My Diva celebrated her 10th birthday in her usual diva style.  Family party on the day of her birthday included the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and even a friend or two.  The family party always includes all requests for dinner; sometimes it’s reservations (personally my favorite) and others it happens to be your favorite meal.  This year the Diva wanted a Mexican party.  She wanted tacos plus all the fixins.  And what would a birthday party be without a cake??  Lately the Diva is slightly obsessed with Pinterest and she found an amazing Oreo Pudding cake.  Believe me there was not one thing low fat about this cake.  It was so good, though!
Happy Birthday Little Diva
We moved to the weekend and on to her friend sleepover party.  The Diva along with her 3 besties spent the night.  The girls are so funny, I love them so much.  How we went from being little girls playing with stickers, coloring books and Barbie’s; to make up, new hairstyles and boys in such a short time is still a mystery to me.  They want to be grown up so badly, although I continue to tell them there is not any hurry. OH... don't call the cops that's Sparkling Grape juice in their wine glasses. 
Raise a glass to BFF's

Grape juice is GOOD!

CHEESE
Birthday weekend came and went and I blinked and it was time for MLK weekend.  That might not mean anything to you other than a day off, but to us here at the beach it means 30ASongwriters Festival.  Cool nights and HOT music direct from those who penned it.  It’s one of my favorite holiday weekends.  True, it means a heck of a lot of work, but I have to admit it’s a heck of a lot of fun.  Here’s a few photos of the songwriters and artists I was lucky enough to meet. 
Matthew Sweet

Reed Waddle

Joan Osborne

David Ryan Harris

I think my favorite was Kevin Rowe, there is just something about that British accent.  Makes me think Prince William and Prince Harry and what princess doesn’t have a secret crush on those two? 
Kevin Rowe and my favorites chickies from the office.  Heart you Jami and Elisa!

My Kevin, however really enjoyed himself and was the recipient of a serenade from Larkin Poe.  Here’s the picture to prove it.
Larkin Poe
The Bangles were hailed as the big draw and yes they were good, but the smaller venues interacting with the artists were so much more fun!
Yep, that is the Bangles behind me.  
And I will close out with one last picture of my handsome Kevin and me hanging out and having a fabulous time.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment